Gramin Jan Kalyan Sansthan was founded by students of NITs as a non-governmental and non-profit organization. It was formally registered under Societies registration Act, 1860 on 18th February 2020. The objective was to spread computer literacy in rural areas. Over the time Gramin Jan Kalyan Sansthan has gone through transformation from providing free computer education to facilitating formation of women only SHGs for sustainable livelihood. Because someone has rightly said
भूखे भजन न होय गोपाला ले तेरी कंठी ले तेरी माला (bhukhe bhajan na hoy gopala le teree kanthi le teree maala)
Translation: O Man take your beads, prayers can’t be performed empty stomach.
Over past 4 years, we
- created 15 SHGs consist of 150+ women
- educated 50 students in computer
- planted 100 trees
- surveyed 1000+ women over 300+ households
- setup 3 Hamaragaon smart store
- setup machinery for grinding grams and maize for preparation of Sattu, Besan & Atta
- Facilitated preparation of Incense Sticks and Candle
- provided space, water and electricity for SHGs for their Kutir Udyog
- beard 50% of expense in registration of 15 katta land to landless women.